We’re Open All Summer! Plus Hi-Art Scholarship Results
Our doors are open from 10AM to 4PM every day this summer! Be sure to stop in.
We’ve had a great season this past year and welcomed great new artists into our gallery. We’re proud to provide our patrons such meaningful art from such talented artists.
If you are in Tubac this summer (or never left!) we invite you to come by and see what’s new. And to get you started, check out the folded-paper art of our newest artist, C. A. Santa Maria.
Hi Art show and scholarship results
Every year in December, we throw our Tubac village-wide party, Cowboy Christmas, as a thank you to all our patrons and the community that we love.
With the money we raise from the event, we sponsor a scholarships and several awards for the “Hi-Art,” a Tubac Center of the Arts program which encourages and supports area high school students interested in exploring fine art.
The largest scholarship of $3,000 went to Dillon Riling, a senior at Rio Rico High School for his painting of “Attempt” (oil on canvas). His plans are to attend Grand Canyon University, majoring in Biology. He hopes to become a medical illustrator.
- $300 Best in Show: “Garcia of Wealth” (Mixed Media) by Justine Rivera, Esmeralda Ramos and Megan Trejo of Walden Grove High School
- $200 Sponsor’s Award: “Black Sparrow” (Watercolor) by Lia Hernandez of Walden Grove High School
- $150 Award of Excellence: “Less Than Air” (Inkjet Print) by Bei Di Gulino of Walden Grove High School
- $100 Award of Merit: “My Future in My Hands” (Ceramic) by Yamiley Ramirez of Rio Rico High School
- $50 Honorable Mention: “Dave Grohl” (Graphite) by Erik Amaya of Rio Rico High School
- $50 Honorable Mention: “Lion” (Scratchboard) by Vance Weavers of Rio Rico High School
On Friday April 29th, the Center hosted a Hi-Art show, exhibiting works from students in the Santa Cruz Valley high schools from Sahuarita to Nogales. We are so glad we have the opportunity to give back to young artists.
Questions about gallery hours, Annie Santa Maria’s work, the High-Art scholarships, or anything else? Please contact the gallery. We look forward to hearing from you!
Contact the gallery
Regular season 10 a.m. – 5 p.m., seven days a week
Summer season- May through September 10 a.m. – 4 p.m., seven days a week